Best Audio Editing Software For Chromebook 2024 [Features & Pricing]
An audio editing software for Chromebook is a very useful piece of software that you can use to create, edit, upload, and enhance the quality of your audio. However, finding the best Chromebook audio editing software has always been very difficult. But we have found the best audio editor app for Chromebook.
You can use this audio editing software on Chromebook to edit audio for podcasts, broadcasts, storytelling, and whatnot. This audio editing Chromebook also allows you to upload audio and music tracks directly to social media platforms. Let’s check out the names of the audio editor for Chromebook.
6 Best Chromebook Audio Editing Software
There are very few audio editor software for Chromebook available. As you know, when it comes to Windows, macOS, iOS, and other operating systems, you will find a lot of options. However, we have tried and tested them to find the best one to edit audio on a Chromebook. Let’s check out the six best audio editing software for Chromebook 2024:
- Wondershare Filmora
These are the software that you can use to do efficient and smooth audio editing on your Chromebook. So, let’s start with Wondershare software namely Filmora, which is our No. 1 choice as the best audio editing software on Chromebook.
Wondershare Filmora is the No. 1 choice for audio editing software for Chromebook 2024. As we already know, this software is really great for editing videos, but let me tell you, Filmora is also an amazing software to edit audio tracks.
Usually, audio editing software fails to provide many tools and effects to edit. But Filmora has some really great features to make your audio tracks sound effortless. Filmora can be used to edit audio tracks for podcasts, broadcasts, storytelling, and more.
Features of Wondershare Filmora:
- It has editing tools that add professionalism to your music and audio tracks.
- This Chromebook audio editing software supports many audio file formats such as AAC, WAV, MP3, and many more.
- Filmora also provides some basic tools like trimming, merging, and splitting audio clips.
- This audio editor Chromebook also allows you to add effects to your audio tracks.
- Comes with Filmora free trial that allow you to access all premium features.
- With the help of Filmora, you can adjust the volume level of your audio tracks.
- You can use its features to remove any unwanted audio or noise from the background.
- Filmora provides additional features like noise reduction, reverb, echo, silence detection, and audio ducking.
- Comes with very low Filmora system requirements so you can edit your videos on almost every device.
- This audio editing Chromebook helps you to perform smooth transitions between two audio tracks.
- This audio editing software for Chromebook can also be used to export videos.
Pricing Of Filmora
You can get the Filmora subscription plan for just $19.99 per month if you apply Filmora coupon. So, get all the amazing features mentioned above in this audio editing app for Chromebooks. Let’s check out the other plans offered by Filmora to edit audio:
|Premium plans of Filmora
|Filmora plans pricing
|Individual and educational plan
|$19.99 per month
SoundCloud is one of the best audio editing software for Chromebook for 2024. It is one of the best rising audio apps because of the tools and features that it provides for editing.
This audio editing software on Chromebook can be used by anyone, as it is easy to use and beginners friendly. You can log in to SoundCloud completely for free to try it out and edit audio on your Chromebook.
Features provided by SoundCloud:
- It is easy to use.
- SoundCloud is beginner friendly, so anyone can use it.
- It even allows you to create your own playlist.
- This audio-editing Chromebook provides simple tools and features to edit.
- You can add remarks to your soundtracks using SoundCloud.
- It is free to use initially.
- You can directly record audio from the SoundCloud app.
- SoundCloud allows you to publish your audio tracks.
- It is available on iOS and Android as well.
Pricing Of SoundCloud
You can purchase the SoundCloud premium for just $99 per year. With this premium subscription, you can upload unlimited audio tracks and podcasts on the platform after editing them easily.
Vocaroo is the best free audio editing software for Chromebook in 2024. The best thing about this free audio editor for Chromebooks is that you don’t have to sign up to start recording and editing audio. Moreover, it is very famous because of this feature.
Vocaroo provides a clean user interface. Apart from this, you can share your audio files with others. Vocaroo provides a unique feature, a QR code generator. Here, you can scan your audio files and recordings that have file formats like mp3, 0gg, flag, etc.
Features of Vocaroo:
- It provides a clean user interface and is easy to use.
- Vocaroo provides simple tools to edit audio for podcasts and storytelling and more.
- You don’t have to sign in to start recording and editing.
- Vocaroo allows you to share your audio files with others to initiate fast editing.
- It supports file formats like mp3, 0gg, and flag.
- Vocaroo supports many languages.
- It gives you a privacy option that you can use to either make your audio public or private.
- You can even scan your audio files with the help of the QR code generator.
As told earlier, Vocaroo is free audio editing software for Chromebook. You don’t even have to sign in to start recording and editing your audio. Also, this audio editor for Chromebook free is very easy and efficient to use.
TwistedWave is an amazing audio editor software for Chromebooks 2024. It allows you to edit audio files for podcasts, broadcasts, and storytelling. You can even apply effects to your music or audio tracks on your Chromebook.
With the help of TwistedWave, you can not only create or record audio but also edit it. Apart from this, TwistedWave supports a number of file formats like WAV, AIFF, MP3, FLAC, and more. This audio editing software for Chromebook gives you the option to import and export audio files of your choice.
Features provided by TwistedWave:
- This audio editor Chromebook provides tools and effects to edit audio tracks.
- TwistedWave has built-in audio effects that you can use.
- You can cut, trim, and copy any part of your audio file with the help of this audio editor for Chromebook.
- This audio editing Chromebook allows users to remove noise, clicks, and other unwanted parts from recordings.
- TwistedWave supports many file formats like OGG, AIFF, MP3, WAV, and others.
- You can also edit and mix audio from different sources to your recordings.
- TwistedWave allows users to import and export audio files in your file formats.
- With the help of TwistedWave, you can import and export audio from Google Drive and Dropbox.
- This music editing software is also available for Windows, Mac, iOS, and iPad.
You can get the TwistedWave premium subscription for $9.99 per month. In this subscription plan, you can get many features and amazing effects to edit audio.
However, this audio editing software for Chromebook also has a free version. But it has many limitations because it doesn’t allow the use of all the features. So, you have to purchase a premium subscription to TwistedWave to exploit its features for audio editing.
Bandlab is not only a platform where you can create music but also edit it using great features. Nowadays, this audio editor for Chromebooks has been used by musicians, producers, and storytellers for their audio editing.
Bandlab is an audio editing software for Chromebook free, which means you can use its features completely for free. You can record music with the help of its virtual instruments. Moreover, after considering the features it provides, it has been found that it is more suitable for those who want to edit music tracks.
Features provided by Bandlab:
- You can record music, edit, and share using Bandlab.
- It is a cloud-based platform.
- You can access and collaborate on your projects with others.
- With this audio editing Chromebook, you can record multiple tracks of audio.
- Bandlab provides virtual instruments that you can use on your music tracks.
- This audio editing software free Chromebook provides tools like audio effects, pan controls, and automation.
- Bandlab provides an audio track library from where you can quickly access your favorite audio.
- You can share your audio track directly from this audio editing software Chromebook.
- Bandlab is also accessible on iOS and Android devices.
It has both options: free and paid plans. With the free Bandlab plan, you can use the software with limited features. But with the premium plan, you will get all the features to create, edit, and upload your audio tracks on the social media platform.
Soundtrap is the last audio editor for Chromebooks that we have discussed today in the article. This audio editing software for Chromebook is one of the most versatile among others. Along with Chromebooks, Soundtrap is also supported on Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
When it comes to audio editing with Soundtrap on a Chromebook, it offers some excellent features. Soundtrap even allows you to record music with the help of the virtual instruments that it offers. Furthermore, you can also collaborate using this audio editing software on Chromebook.
Features provided by Soundtrap:
- It provides virtual instruments that you can use while recording music.
- The virtual instruments provided by Soundtrap include drum machines, synthesizers, and samplers.
- It is an ideal software for beginners.
- Soundtrap provides simple and easy tools for editing.
- This audio editing Chromebook even allows collaboration, which means you can record music or any audio with your family, friends, or any unknown stranger.
- Soundtrap allows you to use external MIDI controllers to create and edit audio or musical tracks.
- This audio editor Chromebook allows you to merge other audio tracks with your one.
- It provides some additional tools like compressors, reverbs, and many more that enhances the quality of your audio.
- With the help of Soundtrap, you can also post your audio track on social media platforms.
- This audio editing software for Chromebook can also be used on Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android.
This audio editing app for Chromebooks has a great variety of premium pricing options. It offers both free and paid plan options. With the free option, you will get limited features and storage. So, we would highly recommend you opt for the paid plans.
You can get the premium plan of Soundtrap on the yearly plan for just $7.99 per month. It offers two pricing options: monthly and yearly plans. Let’s check out all the plans offered by this audio editing software on Chromebook:
|Plans offered by Soundtrap
|$9.99 per month
|$7.99 per month$95.88, billed yearly
|$14.99 per month
|$11.99 per month$143.88, billed yearly
|Plan for podcasts
|$14.99 per month
|$11.99 per month$143.88, billed yearly
|A complete package plan
|$17.99 per month
|$13.99 per month$167.88, billed yearly
Conclusion – Best Audio Editing Software On Chromebook
Finding good Chromebook audio editing software is very difficult because of its limited availability. But after trying and testing the software, we have shortlisted six of them. Out of them, we have the best free audio editing software for Chromebook. However, they offer very limited features and storage capacity.
Wondershare Filmora is the best audio editing software on Chromebook 2024. It provides features and tools that enhance the equality of your audio track and gives it a smooth effect. Other than Filmora, you can also use Soundtrap, SoundCloud, TwistedWave, and others as audio editing Chromebook.
Can You Do Audio Editing On A Chromebook?
Yes, you can do audio editing on a Chromebook. However, there is very little audio editing software that works with Chromebooks.
Which Is The Best Audio Editing Software For Chromebook?
Wondershare Filmora is the best audio editing app for Chromebooks in 2024. It provides some great audio editing tools, like silence detection and audio ducking.