Best Linux Video Editing Software 2023 [Top 5 Linux Video Editors]
You need a completely different video editing software for Linux because all video editors can’t work on it. But don’t worry, we have covered the best Linux video editing software in 2023.
In this article on the best video editing software on Linux, we have discussed their performance, features, and pricing. Moreover, we have discussed both paid and free Linux video editors. So, let’s start the article by knowing the names of the software used to edit Linux videos.
Top 5 Software To Edit Linux Video 2023
Before starting a deep discussion about the performance, features, and pricing of the five best video editing software for Linux, let’s take a quick glance at them.
So, these are the names of the best Linux video editing software that can be used in 2023:
- Filmora- #1 Best Linux Software For Video Editing
- DaVinci Resolve- Professional Video Editing Software For Linux
- OpenShot- Video Editing Software For Linux Free
- Pitivi- Best Open Source Video Editing Software For Linux
- Shotcut- Ubuntu’s Best Video Editing Program
Now, in this section of the article, we’ll discuss the best video editor for Ubuntu in detail. We will talk about their features and pricing in 2023. In this section, we will talk about the five best software programs to edit Linux videos.
Besides that, you can also check best drone video editor for amazing video edits. Here we proceed to explain to these Linux video editors so you can easily choose one.
Filmora 12- #1 Best Linux Software For Video Editing
Filmora 12 is the best Linux video editing software program on the list for 2023. Alongside this, it can be used on Windows and Mac as well. Filmora provides many preset templates to add extra smoothness to your videos on Linux.
It also offers an asset backup and sync option, with the help of which you can upload your videos to the free cloud storage provided. Moreover, it has new and exciting features for Linux users, such as AI images and AI copywriting.
Apart from that, Filmora allows Linux users to edit recordings with the help of built-in tools and effects. You can also use this video editing software for Linux for free to edit your videos.
Features provided by Filmora:
- Filmora has new features for editing, such as AI images and AI copywriting.
- It allows you to place multiple clips simultaneously in one frame on your Linux device.
- It provides video effects, a green screen, and NewBlue FX.
- Also provides a color correction feature to edit your Linux videos.
- This Linux video editing software provides many amazing audio effects, such as silence detection, audio ducking, and many more.
Pricing of Filmora plans:
The minimum starting price for the plans of Filmora is $19.99 per month. This best Linux video editing software offers three different kinds of plans: individuals, businesses, and education. You can also use Filmora 12 coupon code to get a 35% discount.
Let’s take a look at the plans and pricing offered by Filmora:
|Plans offered by Filmora||Pricing of the Filmora plans|
|Individual plan||$19.99 per month|
|Education plan||$19.99 per month|
DaVinci Resolve- Professional Video Editing Software For Linux
DaVinci Resolve is the second-best Linux video editing software in 2023. Like Filmora, it is also a paid software program. Moreover, unlike other Linux video editors, it is more dedicated to the Linux operating system.
It offers a free and paid version, both of which are equally amazing. However, you can get a lot more interesting features with the premium version of DaVinci Resolve. But if you are a learner and just want to edit videos on Linux for learning purposes, then the free version is the best choice for you.
Moreover, to add a professional touch to your videos, you can use the features of the premium plan of DaVinci Resolve. It is very easy to use and has amazing features like color correction, editing, and motion graphics.
Features provided by DaVinci Resolve:
- It is an easy-to-use video editing software for Linux.
- Provides advanced audio processing.
- DaVinci Resolve can be used for intermediate or professional use.
- It also provides color correction features.
- Apart from the Linux operating system, DaVinci Resolve also works on Windows and OSX.
- DaVinci Resolve provides tools like 3D editing tools, a dual timeline, portable editing, and media import.
Pricing for DaVinci Resolve:
The price of the premium plan of the DaVinci Resolve is $299 for a one-time payment. It is the best video editing Linux software for professional use.
You can also check out the difference between Filmora and DaVinci Resolve to know which one is better. x
OpenShot- Best Linux Video Editing Software Free
OpenShot is free software to edit Linux videos in 2023. It is one of the best Linux video editors for free that is easy to use. Furthermore, it’s very smooth to edit videos on Linux devices using Openshot.
OpenShot is completely free software to edit Linux videos. It can be the perfect software for the daily use of editing Linux videos. However, its lack of diversity makes it less suitable for professional video editing on Linux.
OpenShot provides many features and tools, such as filters to remove the backgrounds from the video on Linux, adjust brightness, and reverse the video. There are many other audio features that you can use with this software to edit Linux videos.
Features provided by OpenShot:
- This best video editing software for macOS, Linux, Windows, and ChromeOS to edit videos.
- Has simple tools to trim your videos to get the best final results.
- OpenShot has features with which you can easily animate anything in your video.
- It is available in 70+ languages.
- It is very easy to use.
- OpenShot is best for daily editing of videos on Linux.
- It has 3D animated effects to increase the smoothness of Linux videos.
- You can use Openshot’s audio effects.
OpenShot is the first video editing software for Linux free on the list for 2023. It is Ubuntu’s best video editing program.
Pitivi-Best Open Source Video Editing Software For Linux
Pitivi is another of the free and best Linux video editing software programs that can be used. It is a completely dedicated video editing software for Linux. Moreover, Pitivi is also the best open-source video editing software for Linux.
It has a very easy user interface and a user-friendly tool to edit your videos on Linux. As you know, Pitivi is an open-source platform that keeps getting better and improving with time.
Pitivi provides features that help you edit videos with a touch of animation. Apart from that, it provides automatic backups. You can generate thumbnails, waveforms, and backgrounds using Pitivi for your Linux videos.
Features of Pitivi:
- It is a completely free and open-source platform.
- Pitivi has an easy-to-use interface.
- It provides automatic backups.
- This video editor for Linux is completely dedicated to Linux.
- It is best for editing videos for social media.
- The best thing about Pitivi is that it is available in many languages.
- It has an advanced audio formatting feature that enhances the quality of your Linux video.
- You can use different transition features in your video.
- Pitivi also has some animations and filters.
It is one of the best video editing software for Linux free. You don’t have to spend a single penny to use this video editing software for Linux Ubuntu. In addition, Pitivi provides professionalism in your video.
Shotcut- Ubuntu Best Linux Video Editing Software
Shotcut is the last best video editing software for Linux that can be used. It is a free and open-source platform to edit Linux videos. Though we have listed Shotcut as the last on our list of the best video editors for Linux because it has more features than other editing software.
Shotcut is also a cross-platform video editing software that can be used on Mac, Windows, and Linux. Moreover, it is easy-to-use software and also has regular updates. You can also add 3D animated features like flying text.
Shotcut is the perfect software in 2023 that can be used by both beginners and professionals. Moreover, because of the diverse features and tools offered by the Linux video editing software, it provides smooth editing and transitions.
Features provided by Shotcut:
- It is a cross-platform software that can be used on Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- Shotcut is a completely free and open-source platform.
- You can also add animated features like flying text or lens flares.
- Shotcut also allows you to smoothly trim your videos.
- It has an easy-to-use and user-friendly interface.
- Shotcut also supports hundreds of audio and video formats.
Pricing of Shotcut:
The minimum starting price of Shotcut for Linux is just $9.79. Although you can also use the free version of the best Linux video editing software. It is one of the best professional video editing software for Linux.
Can I Use Filmora Video Editing Software For Linux?
Yes, you can use Filmora as a Linux video editor in 2023. In fact, it is the best video editing software to be used for Linux videos. Moreover, it is one of the best video editors for Windows 10.
What Is Free Editing Software For Linux Video?
OpenShot and Pitivi are free Linux video editing software you can use. Plenty of free software is available, but these two are the best to use.
Which Video Editor Has No Watermark Linux?
Shotcut and OpenShot are both Linux video editors that have no watermark. In fact, they are also the best open-source video editing software for Linux.
Conclusion: Best Linux Video Editing Software
In this article, we have discussed the five best video editors for Linux that can be used. Moreover, we have discussed their features and pricing in detail.
Furthermore, we have shortlisted Filmora as the best video editing software for Linux that can be used in 2023. The most important thing about this video editing software is that it has great features and tools that can be used by both beginners and professionals. However, you can also use free editing software for Linux videos, such as OpenShot and Pitivi.
What Is The Best Video Editor For Linux 2023?
Filmora is the best video editing software for Linux. It provides an easy interface to edit any kind of video on Linux.
What Video Editing Softwares In Linux Do Professional Use?
Filmora and DaVinci Resolve are the best professional video editing software for Linux.