How To Delete TikTok Account 2021 | 7 Steps To Delete TikTok Account Permanently
TikTok is a widely used short video sharing platform and has over 2 billion successful downloads. There is no doubt that it is one of the best entertainment platforms but from reducing attention spam to privacy threats, there are several reasons that you might want to delete your TikTok account. Here, we are going to tell you how to delete TikTok account. We will mention some of the easy ways that you can use to delete the TikTok account permanently.
Reason Why You Should Stop Using TikTok
There are some potential reasons why a user should not use TikTok anymore. So before knowing how to delete TikTok Account, let’s have a look at the reasons opposing the use of TikTok:
- Reducing Attention Spam: This is one of the foremost reasons why you should not use any of the short video sharing platforms along with TikTok. Many types of research have proved that TikTok lowers down your attention span. This can affect both your personal and professional life.
- Cringy/Vulgar Content: It is known to all that how strict rules and regulations TikTok has. But still, you may find cringy or vulgar content on TikTok. Seeing this kind of content can be harmful to teenagers or minors.
- Privacy Threat: The last reason to stop using TikTok is privacy concerns. ByteDance Ltd., the parent company of TikTok is based in China. This can prove to be a threat to your privacy as in recent times, many Chinese companies are found to be spying on their users.
So, these are the reason you should delete the TikTok account permanently and get rid of it.
How To Delete TikTok Account On Phone/iPhone?
It is easy to delete all your TikTok activities if you haven’t signed up for them yet. For this, you have to simply uninstall it from your smartphone.
However, if you have created a TikTok account then uninstalling TikTok from your device won’t work for you. So, there are some simple steps that you must know for how to delete the TikTok account on iPhone or any Android smartphone. To delete a TikTok account with a phone number, you have to just go through the following steps:
1. First, run the TikTok application on an Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Now, log in to your TikTok account.
3. Click on the option ‘Me’ available at the bottom navigation bar. This will take you to your profile.
4. Now you have to access your account settings. For this, click on the option ‘…’ available at the top right corner.
5. Click on ‘Manage Your Account.
6. At the bottom, there will be a ‘Delete Account’ option.
7. After clicking there it will seek permission from you to delete the TikTok account permanently. Once your click on ‘Delete’, your TikTok account will get deleted.
So, these are some simple methods that you can use to delete the TikTok account with a phone number.
How Much Time Does It Take To Delete A TikTok Account?
After deleting the following steps, your account won’t be immediately deleted. Once you have followed all these steps, TikTok will start verifying your account. This usually takes up to 30 days. However, after 30 days, your TikTok account will be permanently deleted.
Does Deleting Your TikTok Account Delete All Account?
Above, we have mentioned some of the easy ways of how to delete the TikTok account. Before doing so, you must be aware that once you have deleted your account all your videos, saved videos, liked videos, comments, etc. will get permanently deleted.
All these things will become completely irrecoverable once you have deleted them.
How To Delete TikTok Account On PC/Laptop?
There isn’t any desktop version of TikTok. It is developed for smartphones and you can use it only on Android and iOS devices. However, there is a way through which you can delete the TikTok account on the computer.
For this, you have to download an Android emulator on your device. There are lots of trusted emulators available like LdPlayer that you can use. Once the emulator is downloaded, visit the Play Store and download the TikTok. After TikTok is installed, you have to just follow the steps that we have mentioned above to delete the TikTok account.
How To Delete TikTok Account Without Phone Number?
This method can work for you if you don’t remember the number with which you have created your TikTok account. For using this method, you need to remember either your TikTok username or the email linked to your TikTok account.
- Open the TikTok App. It will ask you to sign in either with your number, username, or email ID.
- Now simply sign in with your TikTok username or Email ID.
- Once you are successfully signed in, just follow the above-mentioned steps and this will help you to delete the TikTok account permanently.
How To Delete TikTok Account Without Password?
No, there isn’t such a way of how to delete TikTok account if you forgot your password. For deleting a TikTok account, it is necessary to log in to your TikTok account. So, it is suggested to first reset your TikTok account password and then follow the steps that we have mentioned earlier.
How To Delete TikTok Account After Being Banned?
TikTok works with operators with a strict policy. If any user is found to be violating these policies, he may face account suspension or account ban. In most cases, you may face a shadow ban in which your account will be suspended for 14 days. However, in critical cases, a user may also face a permanent ban.
So, if your TikTok account is permanently suspended then it automatically gets deleted.
Why Can’t I Delete My TikTok Account?
While trying to delete your TikTok account by following the steps of how to delete TikTok account, there is a possibility to receive an error message. This error message simply means that you cannot delete your TikTok account. This error is normally displayed when a user having a large number of followers (i.e, 10k+ followers) tries to delete his TikTok account. So, if you too are facing such kind of error then it is suggested to contact the support team of TikTok.