How To Install NordVPN? – All Supportable Devices
With the increasing rate of cyber-attacks and hacking there is a reason that you must need to have online security. VPN is one of the best security software that takes care of your online data and traffic by encrypting them.
No doubt there are dozens of VPN available in the market but today we will be focusing on NordVPN. This Panama-based VPN is protecting more than 12 million users from around the world. So, now we are going to tell you how to install NordVPN across different devices.
- Download NordVPN
Open the NordVPN official website and navigate to Get VPN at the top. Pick a plan that you want and proceed to payment & download. You can also use our NordVPN coupon code to save maximum on yearly plans.
- Open Installation File
After your file has been downloaded named like (nordvpn.exe) open it to begin the installation process.
- Install NordVPN
A new window will appear you are requested if the VPN can make changes on your system, click yes to allow it.
Now you will have the option to select the location in your PC where you want to install it. After you install NordVPN on Windows 10, 8, 7, or any other, a shortcut will be created on the desktop. However, the VPN will launch automatically after successfully being installed on your system.
While installing NordVPN on windows if you are faced some kind of error which is related to 0X0 0X0 then you need to check out our recent post that will help you to fix this error in just simple steps.
- Login NordVPN
Now, you have to create your access to start using it. For this, you will be asked to log in to your account by entering your credentials. You can also create a new account if you haven’t been registered with NordVPN.
- Start Using
Now the question arises of how to use NordVPN on PC in 2022. As you are all set to start using the VPN by just selecting the server to connect. It also gives you an option where you can quickly connect to a server automatically.
If you may want to connect with a specific country then you also do that by scrolling down the left side of the app to see the list of available servers.
This section is going to be very helpful for the people asking how do I download NordVPN on Mac and all other MacOS devices.
Although, the procedure is almost the same as you have seen during the guide to install NordVPN on Windows.
- Visit the official website of NordVPN download button from there.
- Navigate to the download folder and open NordVPN.pkg. A new window will appear asking you to enter the password to begin the installation.
- Once the installation process is finished, open Launchpad to locate the NordVPN icon to launch it.
- The privacy pop-up will appear, where you have to click agree and continue.
- Search & click on the login button below the map within the app. Here enter your credentials if you are already a registered user and if not then you can also create the new one.
- Now, start using the VPN by connecting with a specific server that you want to use. A green pin will be displayed on the map of the app after you will be connected with a server.
There are many users who always ask why is NordVPN not working on my Firestick? So before we go through the steps let me tell you that NordVPN is not supportable with the First-Generation Amazon Firestick.
- First, you have to download the NordVPN app for your Amazon Fire Stick. For this tap the Find section & search for NordVPN from your Fire TV home screen.
- When you see it, tap on the app and start downloading it. Open it after it has been downloaded.
- Now, you will see 2 options – Sign Up or Log In. If you want to create a new account then you have to tap on Sign Up option otherwise Login with your registered credentials.
- You can see the QR code, just scan with your smartphone & wait until you will be taken to the NordAccount page.
- Check your TV screen where you would have received a number. You need to enter that number either on your mobile device or computer for security purposes within 30 seconds.
- You are all set to use NordVPN on Fire TV. When you select the connect button you will be automatically be connected with the best available server. However, during this, you will get a warning message, accept it when you trust by tapping on the OK button.
- Alternatively, tap on the All Countries option from the left side menu to see the complete list of available servers.
- Congratulations you have been connected with the VPN on Firestick successfully.
Connecting NordVPN on Linux is a bit complicated but we have shared you with the simple steps that will help you out.
- Open Terminal window or press Ctrl+Alt+T at the same time.
- You need to install the OpenVPN client by entering this command – Sudo apt-get install OpenVPN.
- Enter the password to confirm your identity if asked.
- After installation navigate to the OpenVPN directory following this command – cd / etc/openvpn.
- You have to download OpenVPN configuration files. For this enter the command – sudo wget https://downloads.nordcdn.com/configs/archives/servers/open.zip. After that – sudo apt-get install ca-certificates
- Thereafter, you need to install the Unzip package to access the server archive downloaded. For this enter, this command – sudo apt-get install unzip
- To extract & clean up the configurations you have to follow this command – sudo unzip ovpn.zip & sudo rm ovpn.zip.
- Now open the web browser and visit server recommended tool by entering www.nordvpn.com/servers/#recommended.
- You can see the full list of the best available servers. From there copy the server name and head towards Terminal Window.
- Now you have to choose from TCP or UDP protocols according to your preference.
For TCP – cd ovpn_tcp
For UDP – cd ovpn_udp
- Now connect with VPN by entering, -sudo openvpn the.name.of.the.server.suggested.to.you.at.our.server.recommender.udp.ovpn
- After this, you will be promoted for entering NordVPN account details.
- Type your registered credentials and you will be connected to VPN.
- To disconnect OpenVPN on Linux you have to press Ctrl+C simultaneously to disconnect it.
That’s how you can install NordVPN Ubuntu operating system.
As an iOS user, you might be wondering how do I install NordVPN on my iPhone or iPad. For this follow these steps to start using NordVPN on iPhone 11, 12, 13, or any other model.
- Visit App Store from your iPhone and search for NordVPN. One of the good things about this is that you can use it for free for 30-days as a free trial.
- Download it and open the app. You need to go with any of the paid plans to enjoy the VPN without any limitations.
- Click on the Profile icon from the top-left corner. From here you can create a new account, or even sign in with your NordVPN credentials.
- You can see the Quick connect button that will automatically connect you through the available servers. Immediately after this, you will get a warning message for the connection. Click on Got it after reading it.
- The app will ask you if you would like to add VPN configuration, click allow to continue.
- Now, you have to confirm your identity by entering the pass code you use to unlock the phone.
- Soon after this, you will be connected with the server after you will see the green pin on the map. You can also pick a server that you want according to you from the app. However, if the VPN not connected on iPhone then restart the app and try again.
If you would like to install NordVPN on an Android phone then follow these instructions carefully.
- Open Play Store from your Android device and search for the NordVPN app & click on Install.
- Once the app gets installed, locate it in your phone and open it.
- You will be asked to Sign Up if you are a new user, or click Log In in case you are already a registered user.
- You have to pick a plan to begin using the service. For the first time, you will be notified about the CyberSec feature. You can turn it on by enabling it.
- Now, you are all set to use this one of the best VPN for Android devices.
- Tap on the Quick Connect button to get automatically connected with the best available server. However, you can also select your preferred location according to you.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get NordVPN on the router.
- The first step is to log in to your router connected with the internet with the same IP address as your router.
- Now open the web browser on your PC or laptop & login to your router by entering the username & password.
- Navigate to the VPN tab from the sidebar and then select VPN client to Add profile.
- Select the OpenVPN tab and enter the following information,
- Description – Provide VPN connection name
- Username – Enter NordVPN username
- Password – Enter NordVPN password
- Import .open file, and then you need to download the files from the server utility list to select a server and find the configuration files, and download.
- You have to import these files by clicking on ‘Choose file’ in the dialog box. Make sure the .ovpn file is unchecked.
- Click OK after the file has been uploaded.
- After this, you have to click on WAN from the sidebar & then select No in the Connect to DNS Server automatically under the WAN DNS setting.
- Click Apply, return to the VPN client tab to Activate the button to enable NordVPN on the router.
- Once the connection is successful, you can see the blue tick will appear next to Connection Status.
Let’s see how you can add NordVPN on Chrome.
- Open Chrome Web Store page from the browser and search for NordVPN.
- Click on Add to Chrome button from the right side and then on Add extension.
- The extension will be added successfully after you will receive a pop-up message.
- You can see the VPN login at the top right corner of Chrome Browser. Click on it to Log In or register option.
- After this, you will see the home screen of the app where you get options for quick connection or search for a specific country.
- A green light with a country code will appear at the top right corner after the connection is established.
- If you want to turn off VPN on iPhone then, you can also do that by simply pressing the Disconnect button.
Some top queries related for how to install NordVPN are answered below:
Do VPNs work with iOS 15?
NordVPN is supportable with iOS 11.0 or later so, you can easily download & install on iPhone. This means that if you have the latest iOS 15 then you can easily use it with VPN also.
Is NordVPN really free?
You can use NordVPN for free by accessing all of its features risk-free for 30-days as a free trial. That way if you are not satisfied which is most uncommon then you can request the full refund within 30-days from the date of your purchase.
Is NordVPN Safe?
NordVPN is one of the safest VPN service providers by offering top security & privacy features. It offers advanced 256-bit keys recommended by NASA also. Also, some other features like the kill switch, Onion over VPN, Obfuscated servers, and no-logs make it safer.
Is NordVPN easy to install?
There is no hard way to set up NordVPN on different devices that the VPN supports. You can use NordVPN on 6 devices simultaneously.