Piriform Recuva Review 2021 | In-Depth Analysis of Features
Recuva is a popular data recovery software and was developed by Piriform. This software provides some amazing features and promises users to recover data efficiently. Through this Piriform Recuva Review 2021, we will be discussing all its features and will analyze if Recuva is safe or not.
- Easy to use.
- Efficiently scans and recovers files.
- Provides preview before recovery
- Don’t affect the performance of PC.
- Deep scans are time-consuming.
- Unable to recover all the deleted files.
- Only works with Windows devices.
Piriform is a Britain based global organization, dealing in software designed for optimizing the performance of a device. CCleaner, which is one of the best device optimizing software, is also a product of the Piriform. It was founded in 2004 by Guy Saner and Lindsey Whelan. Later on in 2017, it was acquired by Avast.
Piriform Recuva Review: Features offered by Recuva
Recuva comes with a lot of easy to use features and these features are:
- Advanced file recovery: With this software, you can efficiently recover accidentally deleted or lost files. It also comes with a deep scan mode that promises to recover files from damaged disks and drives.
- Supports hard disk recovery: Recuva also provides you an option to recover files deleted from external drives like USB, pen drives, memory cards, etc.
- Supports various types of files: Recuva can be used for recovering a wide variety of files like pictures, documents, audios, videos, emails, etc.
- Automatic Updates: It also comes with a tool that automatically updates the various software of your device to their latest versions.
- File deletion: Besides recovery, this software also lets you delete files. With this deletion tool, you can permanently delete any file by making it unrecoverable.
Piriform Recuva Review: Analysis of Recuva Features
Here, we have analyzed the features of Recuva for finding whether it is up to the expectations or not.
Ease of Use
It is very easy to set up Recuva and this could be done in just a few minutes. For this, you also don’t need to have technical knowledge.
The interface of Recuva is not much attractive but is very easy to use. You don’t have to search for any tools as all the major tools are available on the main dashboard.
When it comes to performance, you will find Recuva no way behind than one of the top data recovery software Wondershare Recoverit (Read Wondershare Recoverit Review). It provides two modes named Quick Scan and Deep Scan. With the quick scan mode, you can get back the files that are easy to recover. This mode is also very fast and takes only a few minutes in identifying and recovering the files.
If you didn’t get the desired results with the Quick scan then you can try the Deep Scan mode. This mode covers a wider area of recovery as it checks every possible drive path.
However, the deep scanning mode is prolonged and takes too much time in comparison to the other data recovery software. Even in some cases, users have to wait for more than 100 hours to let the scan finish. Additionally, this mode is also not able to recover the fragmented files.
On analyzing this aspect of Recuva we found that it was able to recover a large number of deleted files of a device. It was also able to recover files of hard disks and external disks with minimal quality loss.
But it is really hard to recover the electronic files and like other data recovery software, it was also not able to recover 100% of the deleted files.
Is Recuva free?
No, Recuva is not completely free. Although there is a freely available version of it, with some restricted usage. So, it is recommended to use a Recuva Pro/Professional version if you won’t get full access to this software.
Piriform Recuva Review: Pricing of Recuva
There are two versions of Recuva that are available for sale. These are:
- Recuva Professional: This is a standalone version of Piriform Recuva and includes all the features mentioned in this Piriform Recuva Review. The starting price of this software is $24.95 and can be used on one device.
- Bundle-Version: This is a bundled version and includes Recuva Professional along with CCleaner. It can be used on 3 devices at a time and its basic pricing starts from $39.95.
Get Recuva at a discounted price:
For getting deals on other products of Piriform, you can visit our Piriform Coupon Code page.
Support provided by Recuva
Recuva is a product of Piriform and Piriform doesn’t provide any dedicated support to its users. For solving most of the queries, it provides written or video tutorials. Although they allow the users having Recuva Professional to contact them through ticket-based support.
Money-back guarantee of Recuva
Recuva Professional doesn’t operate with a specific period-based money-back guarantee. Besides this, it promises you to get a refund if it fails in recovering all the deleted files from your device.
Compatibility of Piriform Recuva
Piriform Recuva Pro only works with PC and the only operating system to which it is compatible is Windows. It can smoothly run with Windows 7,8 and 10.
Piriform Recuva Review: Conclusion
In this Recuva Pro Review, we tried to provide all the available information related to Recuva in the best possible manner. On the basis of this information, we can conclude that Recuva Pro is a nice data recovery software. In comparison to its rivals, it is also pocket-friendly. So, opting for this software can be a great decision for you.
But still, if you are unsure whether to start working with this software or not then for you we have mentioned some potential alternatives to Recuva in the further section.
Piriform Recuva Alternative
Here we have mentioned some data recovery software that you can use in place of Recuva. The potential alternatives to Piriform Recuva Professional are: