What are VMWare Tools?
VMware Tool is a suite of utilities that you install in the operating system of a virtual machine. This will helps in improving the performance and management of your virtual machine. VMware tools will help you in using its products easily. If you installed it tools then you will get the best result in using its software. With the help of its tools, you can make many difficult tasks easy for your virtual machine. If you are purchasing its software then I must recommend you install is tools with it.
What are the Benefits of Using VMWare Tools?
If you are using VMware tools then you will get the multiple benefits. So the benefits of using VMWare Tools are:-
- Significantly faster graphics performance and Windows Aero on operating systems that support Aero
- Copying and pasting text, graphics, and files between the virtual machine and the host or client desktop
- Improved mouse performance
- Synchronization of the clock in the virtual machine with the clock on the host or client desktop
- Scripting that helps automate guest operating system operations
Also, Read… Is VMWare Free?
How can you install VMWare Tools?
For using the tools you have to install them first. If you are not aware of how to install them then just follow the mentioned steps and learn how you can add VMware Tools in your virtual machine.
- Ensure Windows virtual machine is powered on.
- Log in to the virtual machine as a user with Administrative privileges.
- When the desktop is loaded, click VM in the virtual machine menu,
- Then click Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools and click OK.
- Navigate to CD in the Windows Explorer and double-click setup.exe or setup64.exe to begin the wizard.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard to complete the VMware Tools installation.
- Select the Typical installation option.
- When the VMware Tools installation has finished, restart the virtual machine for knowing the changes after installation.
How can you upgrade VMware Tools?
You can upgrade VMWare tools manually or you can configure the virtual machines to check for & install a new version of Vmware tools. In this they will provide you the guest operating system with this you can new about the new update in its tools. The status bar of a virtual machine will show a msg when a new update is available.
To upgrade the tool you only need to follow the process of installation. By applying the above-mentioned steps you can easily upgrade the VMware tools. You can upgrade VMWare tools manually or you can configure the virtual machines to check for & install a new version of Vmware tools. In this they will provide you the guest operating system with this you can new about the new update in its tools. The status bar of a virtual machine will show a msg when a new update is available.
Top VMware Tools To Make Virtual Machine Performance more Better
In this tool list, you will get the most beneficial tools that will help you simplify daily administrative tasks. So the tools are:-
- VMware Workstation
- VMware Workstation Player
- vCenter Converter
- VMware PowerCLI
- Cross vCenter VM Mobility – CLI
- Cross vCenter Workload Migration Utility
- vSphere HTML5 Web Client Fling
- vRealize Log Insight
- vCenter Support Assistant
- vCheck for vSphere
Final Words: VMware Tools
If you are using VMware then you can easily make your software more advance and valuable with this VMWare tool. With these tools you can make performance better of your virtual machine and also helps you in managing VMWare products easily. So use this software and grab all the benefits of VMware tools.