Can You Screenshot Snapchat Stories Without Them Knowing 2023?
Today we cover can you screenshot Snapchat stories without them knowing. Here we also give you some method that helps you to take Snapchat screenshot without notification. If you want to learn more then connect with us at the end of the post to learn more.
We don’t need to explain about Snapchat you must be already used to with Snapchat. Snapchat is most popular among youth It can be used on both Android and iOS. By using Snapchat you can add friends, send Snapchat with a cartoon face lens, and post stories.
If you use Snapchat, then you know the only way to save a Snapchat story is to screenshot. But Snapchat doesn’t permit saving chats or images.
Does Snapchat Tell When You Screenshot A Story?
Yes, Snapchat tell when you screenshot a story because it is designed with a feature that notify the sender that someone take a screenshot of your Snapchat stories or message. Snapchat wants to make its user’s data private from getting stolen.
Why Does Snapchat Notify Users When You Screenshot 2023?
When you take a screenshot of someone’s Snapchat story then, Snapchat notifies users because it wants to protect their privacy. By giving this notification Snapchat alerts its users that someone has saved or shared their content.
Snapchat notification feature is only applicable to messages and images which is sent through the app. It doesn’t apply to screenshots of other content including Public profiles and Snapchat stories.
While using Snapchat you need to be aware that Snapchat is also a social media platform. users need to be attentive so that other users may be saved or share their content.
How To Screenshot A Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
As you know that Snapchat Screenshots will notify users but there are also many ways exists that help you screenshot Snapchat stories without them knowing. Today here we mentioned some shorted top 5 methods to Screenshot for Snapchat.
Use Another Phone to Take Screenshot of Snapchat Story
Use a different phone to take a snap screenshot on another phone because it is a possible way to save Snapchat screenshots without them knowing.
Below mentioned the steps to take a snap screenshot using another phone.
- Use two phones (iOS & Android). You need to ensure that one phone has Snapchat installed and the other phone has a clear camera quality for better pictures & images.
- Open the Snapchat image you want to capture on another phone.
- Use another phone camera to take the picture of Snapchat content.
Use The Screen Mirroring Feature On iOS & Android
Screen Mirroring is another method to screenshot a snap without them knowing. It makes you capable to view your content from one device to another like a phone, tablet, or on a large screen.
For a Snapchat stories screenshot using a screen Mirroring feature, you need to use a phone that has Snapchat downloaded and screen mirroring feature.
Most Android and iOS devices have screen mirroring and screenshot capture features available.
Follow the below-noted steps to screenshot on Snapchat by using the screen mirroring feature.
- Enable screen mirroring on your iOS and Android devices. So your phone is capable to display its content on the second device. Make sure your second device can take screenshots.
- Open the Snapchat message and images on your device.
- After that, now you can see Snapchat on your second device. Take the screenshot on your second device and nobody will be notified.
Record Snapchat Using Mac (iOS)
You can take Screenshot Snapchat stories without them knowing. Use the Quicktime player to record the screen of your iPhone and after that, take a screenshot. This method is not easy to implement this process you need to follow all the below-noted methods.
- Open Snapchat on your iPhone and Connect your iPhone to your Mac by using a cable.
- Launch the QuickTime player app on your Mac then press on “File” & then choose the “New movie recording” option.
- Hover over the “Record” button in the Moving Recording interface and click the arrow to choose the iPhone as the movie recording output. Your iPhone will be mirrored onto the Mac thanks to this.
- Press the record button to capture Snapchat on your iPhone’s screen while using a Mac. When you want to take a screenshot of a picture or video, press “Command + Shift + 4” to choose the capture region.
Use Google Assistant (Android)
With an Android phone, you can screenshot Snapchat without notifying anyone by using Google Assistant. Since you don’t need to download any third-party apps, it is a simple and quick method.
It is advised that you activate Google Assistant with a voice command and instruct it to snap a screenshot. Please be aware that you must share the screenshot through an app after taking it. if that happens screenshot won’t be saved.
- Open Snapchat and view the message and Snap story that you want to capture.
- “OK, Google” will activate Google Assistant.
- To start the screen capture process, simply say “Take Screenshot” or “Capture Screenshot,” or type “Take a screenshot.”
- Select the app (recommend using Google Drive) you want to share the screenshot on and access it later.
Use Private Screenshot (Android)
Private Screenshot is an Android application that allows you to take Snapchat Screenshots on your phone privately. It helps to take a snap screenshot without knowing them. This application doesn’t work on protected apps like browser incognito mode, Netlfix, etc. But it works successfully on Snapchat.
You don’t have to download any third-parties applications. Follow the right below instructions.
- Open Private Screenshots after installing it on your Android device. Give the floating icon in the top right of the screen the appropriate permissions and enable it.
- Open the Snap message on your Android phone. Click on the icon to take a Snapchat screenshot stories without notification.
The rules of service for Snapchat forbid third-party apps from accessing or engaging with the service, therefore if you use one of these apps to screenshot a Snapchat message or conversation, your account may be suspended or banned. Therefore, the choice is yours.
Methods That Won’t Work To Screenshot on Snapchat Stories In 2023
Here I mentioned some methods that won’t work to Screenshot Snapchat stories without them knowing.
Turning on Airplane Mode – It’s a tried-and-true technique that works on iOS and the older Snapchat version. It no longer functions, though. You could question how Snap Chat can send screenshot notifications if Aeroplane mode disables all networks.
Actually, Snapchat comes pre-loaded, so the server is aware of your app usage.
Clearing app cache – Many old Snapchat users have applied this method. After disconnecting from the internet, you can take a screenshot and then remove the all cache. When the app was reconnected to the internet there must be no records of your activity. Now Snapchat close this loophole.
Recording your screen – There is a screen recorder built into your iPhone. Therefore, you might consider recording Snapchat on your iPhone’s screen and saving the recordings as videos. However, this is untrue. Screen recording has been attempted, and it does send notifications!
Is It Legal To Screenshot A Snapchat?
It is legal to take screenshots of Snapchat stories or messages as long as it is for personal use and you are not sharing it with others. It is important to know that Snapchat is created with a feature that detects when a screenshot is taken and It send a notification to the sender.
In many situations, taking a screenshot of a Snapchat message may come to break the sender’s privacy. If you are not completely sure that it is right to take someone’s Snapchat story screenshot. Take permission from the sender for a screenshot.
Can Snapchat Snaps Be Saved?
Yes, only Snap without a time limit can be saved. But Snapchat will keep it instead of your device. Swipe up or tap and hold a Snap while viewing it to save it in the chat. After seeing a Snap, the same thing is achievable on the Chat screen. The sender of the communication may undoubtedly see that you have saved it.
Can They See If You Screenshot Their Snapchat Story?
In the same feature, Snapchat allows users to see who has watched or screenshotted a Story. Go to the account’s profile page by clicking on the icon in the top-right corner.
I hope after reading this post you get an accurate answer about whether can you screenshot Snapchat stories without them knowing in 2023. Apart from this, We mentioned the methods that help you to take screenshot Snapchat without them knowing.
By following noted methods you can take Snapchat stories without breaking the Snapchat rules and without them knowing.
- How to hide Instagram notes from someone
- Who unfollowed me on Clubhouse
- Find people in your area on Instagram