GoDaddy is one of the largest hosting and domains service providers globally at affordable prices. There are some bad rumors spread on the internet about GoDaddy services. Still, it does not affect the performance and the best service of the company. Millions of people are running their domains on GoDaddy and also some of them sell and purchase domains. To perform such activity, a person must have the knowledge about to transfer a domain to another GoDaddy account.
Transferring the ownership of the domain from a GoDaddy account to another is very easy. And, it does not take too much time to perform such activity that is a plus point.
To transfer a domain name to another GoDaddy account, you have to use the domain account change feature. Also, remember that you would not be eligible for an account update if you have not updated the contact details. So before the one day of expiration please update the contact details.
An Easiest Way To Transfer a domain to another GoDaddy account
Moving a GoDaddy domain to another GoDaddy account takes a few minutes. For performing this activity, you have to go with a simple procedure which is as follows:
- First of all, you have to log in to your GoDaddy account.
- After that go to the domain control center.
- Now select the domains by marking or checking to the mark icon that you want to transfer.
- After marking the domain, now select the domain ownership option.
- Now click on the move to another GoDaddy account.
- Now you have to enter the email address of the new owner.
- Check the email address carefully and confirm it.
- In the end, you will ask “Do you want to copy the current domain contact information to the new account?” If you want to copy the contact information then click Yes otherwise select No button.
- Click on the Transfer Domain button to complete the activity.
How long does it take to transfer a domain from one GoDaddy account to another?
Transferring the domain step is easy but because of some different situations, the time period is not accurate. It totally depends on which situation you are currently dealing with and here are the 3 main situations.
Domain Transfer from One Registrar to Another
If you have purchased a domain from another domain registrar and are now moving it to the GoDaddy account then it will take 60 days. This timeline is designed by ICANN which is a worldwide organization that handles domain rules.
One Person to Another Person Same Registrar
When a person transfers its domain to another person in the GoDaddy account, this situation is called a push. Push can do anytime and work instantly, that means you don’t have to wait for this one.
Moving to a New Hosting Company
Many customers want an upgrade to their hosting, and because of that, they purchase the hosting in another company. If you are also one of the guys, then there is no need to transfer the domain. You just need to change the DNS (Domain Name Server) that points to another host. This term will take up to 1 day but usually done under 5-6 hours.