VMware Fusion 12- A complete review
VMware deals in many technical tools and VMware Fusion is one out of them. This tool is used for virtualizing Windows OS and applications for Mac. VMware is not only a single tool but is a set of various tools. All of these tools have different implications and are made according to different operating systems of Mac. VMware Fusion 12 Player is the one out of those tools and has many features that you can use. Below, you can get to know about the various features and prices that you have to pay for it. Moreover, there a lot more things that you can get to know about it.
What is VMware Fusion 12 and why it is used?
VMware Fusion 12 is the latest tool developed by VMware for virtualizing the Windows OS and applications for Mac. It is a replacement for the previously developed Fusion 11.5 standard and has most of its features. Apart from those features, they also have a lot of advanced features. It includes a lot of upgrades and improvements and is also made compatible for macOS Big Sur.
The basic purpose of using this software is to experience virtualized Windows on your Mac device. With the help of this, you can use Windows on your device. And you can also use software and games that are only supported on Windows.
So, this is the basic purpose for which you can use this software. Beneath, you can also know about its price and features.
Main features of VMware Fusion 12 that you can enjoy
As it is an upgrade of the previously launched Fusion 11.5 Standard, it contains all features of that. But as it is an upgraded version, so it also contains a lot of advanced features too. The major features out of these are:
- Supported in MacOS Big Sur: The previous version of VMware was not supported with the Big Sur. However, the latest Fusion 12 Player is optimized for the MacOS Big Sur. That means that it can run very smoothly on this OS. It will also use Apple API’s for boosting performance. You can get both Guest and Host support by Apple’s latest operating system. However, it will run with the previous kernal extension on systems having MacOS Catalina.
- Access DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1: If you are using Fusion 12 then you can access both Direct3D version 11 and OpenGL 4.1. Fusion has now started supporting apps and games having these two softwares. With it, you can also be allocated up to 8GB vRAM to 3D accelerated games for boosting game performance.
- Supported USB 3.1: With this version, you can also enjoy USB 3.1 support. This means that you can visualize your USB 3.1 hardware devices with full driver
- eGPU Support: Fusion has now also started supporting eGPU devices and with Fusion 12 you can access it. You can use it for increasing the quality of graphics on your device. This can help you a lot on getting a very great gaming experience.
- Containers and Kubernetes: It has also added new features to the Kubernetes cluster that can support ‘kind’. With this vctl can connect to ‘kind’ without making any modification in ‘kind’.
- Accessibility: With a view to helping people enjoy the virtual machines, it has complied with VPAT Section 508. With the help of this section, any normal individual can also fully use virtual machines.
So, these are some of the major features that you can enjoy if you are using the VMware Fusion 12 Player. Although, if you are planning to purchase it then you must be aware of its price.
Is VMware Fusion 12 free?
Yes, you can get the Fusion 12 Player without paying a single dollar. But there are some conditions that you need to fulfill for getting it for free. VMware provides almost all of its products for free with some restrictions. In this case, you can use its free version only for personal use and educational purpose. That means that you cannot use it for making earning or for commercial use. So, if you want to learn something then use the VMware Fusion 12 Free Version.
However, if you want to use it for commercial purposes then you can try its paid version.
How much does owing a Fusing 12 Player Costs?
The free version will cost you nothing but in the case of a paid one, you might have to make big spending. VMware provides a 1 year plan of Fusion 12 and can get the Fusion 12 License key for $149 dollar. This a very big amount however it is okay if compared to the services that you can get with VMware. Although, if you want to upgrade your license from the previous version to this version, then will have to spend $79.
These are the prices of Fusion 12 and are a very big amount. So, using the VMware Discount Codes is the best option for minimizing your costs.
How can I get the free VMware Fusion 12 License Key?
Do you want to use the free version of the Fusion 12? Yes, you can get it, but there is a strong term that you need to follow. This version is only available for personal or educational use. If you are found using it for commercial purposes then you might have to face legal obligations. So, if you only want it to use for above-mentioned purposes then follow the beneath steps for having it.
- For the free license, you have first created a VMware account. For this, visit the official site of VMware. After reaching there, find the sing up option and create your VMware account by filling in the required details.
- Once the account is created, log in by using the login details. After successfully signing in and reaching your account, you can reach your dashboard.
- At the dashboard, you can find the Fusion 12 Free Product Key. Either copy this key or note it down.
- After that, download and install the Fusion 12 on your system, through the official VMware site.
- Once it is installed, find it on your device and start it. After that, it will ask you for a product key. Fill the key there and once it is verified enjoy the Free VMware Fusion 12.
So, these are a few steps by following which you can enjoy the free version of the Fusion 12. And if you want to make earnings then you can try its paid version.