Is $1 VPN Service Real? Everything About Cheap VPN Offerings
The cases related to identity theft have risen by 13% in the year 2019-20(*source give below), amounting to $16.9 billion in money loss. Most of this happens through phishing or by visiting websites that are malicious. And it becomes really important to use a VPN for keeping your identity safe and secure. There are $1 VPN Service trending nowadays in which various platforms promise you to provide security.
There is a saying “when companies provide you something for free then you are their product”. On second thoughts these lines are very true. Today user data is one of the most precious pieces of information one can have. For the very same reason, Facebook, Instagram and other companies that have compiled user data have billion dollars evaluation currently. Sadly most of the 1 dollar a month VPN providers and many free VPNs have been involved in leaking user data and information – read here. For the very same reason in this article, we have sorted paid VPNs with the best deals.
We have sorted some best-paid VPNs for you:
Factors to keep in mind while purchasing a VPN
There are certain things for which every individual might need a VPN and these are the features a good VPN should provide. And these are:
- No log policy: One of the biggest things for which we are preferring paid VPNs over one dollar VPN is that they do not keep a record of your activities. So always choose a platform having a no-log policy.
- Encryption and security: Always look after the protocols used by your virtual network provider for providing encryption and security to you.
- Access country-specific content: One of the basic features a good VPN should provide is to allow users to access geo-restricted content from anywhere.
- Servers/locations provided: The next important feature you should look for is the number of servers a platform has and the IPs that it allows you to use.
- Works with Netflix: The craze of OTT platforms like Netflix is increasing massively. So, always look for platforms that allow you to access these platforms.
These are the major attributes that you should keep in mind while choosing a VPN platform.
Also, Read Why VPN Is Important?
Is using a $1 VPN service safe?
We completely oppose using a free VPN and will also recommend all our readers to choose a paid one. The biggest reason for this is that free VPNs are glitchy and don’t work properly. They promote malicious apps and this slows down your system’s speed. The most concerning thing is that many of these platforms also do spying on you and it is factual that they sell your data to third parties, keeping your privacy at risk. So, it is better to use a paid VPN having a good brand image than compromising your privacy by choosing platforms providing 1 dollar a month VPN. For more clarity, you can read the difference between free VPN and paid VPN.
Live Cheap VPN Deals (only one of them is under one dollar VPN) :
We have been providing amazing VPN deals on reputed VPN brands for many years. So we have mentioned 10 platforms where you can find a VPN and the pricing of these platforms just a little exceeds $1 VPN Deals and these are:
It is a Cayman Island-based company and promises to provide a secured Virtual Network. It uses a military-grade-256-Bit AES encryption for protecting your data.
Reasons to choose FastestVPN
- Servers: It has its servers in more than 40 countries and allows you to choose from over 52 worldwide locations.
- Security protocols: For providing a secure network, it uses multiple protocols like OpenVPN, IKEv2, IPSec, OpenConnect, L2TP, and more.
- Access Netflix: This platform allows you to access various platforms entertainment platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, etc. It also allows you to access banned content from various countries.
- Multiple connections: It can be used in up to 10 devices at a time and also supports over 20 operating systems.
- No-log policy: FastestVPN works with a no-log policy, which means it doesn’t store the data of its users.
ProtonVPN is one of the newest platforms that deal in VPN and is based in Switzerland. It provides a high connection speed and a kill switch. And with it, you can also various online streaming platforms like Netflix, Disney+, etc.
Reasons to choose ProtonVPN
- A large number of servers: It has a very big range of servers totaling 1076. These all are located in 54 countries around the globe.
- Strong encryption: As mentioned earlier it is strict with its protection and encryption policies. And for strong encryption, it uses AES-256 and HMAC protocols for encrypting messages.
- No log Policies: As it based in Switzerland, it is not obligated to save users’ data, as per their jurisdiction. So, it ensures that your data is safe.
- High speed: The connection speed of its servers varies from 1Gbps to 10Gbps. So, its servers provide you a very fast connection speed.
It is serving in this field since 2001 in both VPN and antiviruses and has its presence in almost 150 countries. It also has a whopping 38% market share in the field of cyber-security.
Reasons to choose Bitdefender
- Server range: It has more than 1300 servers around the globe.
- No-log: It works with a no-log policy that means none of your data is stored by them.
- Multi-device support: It can be used in a maximum of 10 devices and is supported in Android, Windows, Mac, and iOS.
- Safe Streaming: It allows you to safely access streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc., and download media.
- Access Geo-restricted content: It also allows you to access content restricted in various counties. You can also access regionally blocked content.
VyprVPN is a product of Golden Frog, which was founded in San Francisco and is currently based in Switzerland. It logs none of your data and uses a NAT firewall for keeping you secure.
Reasons to choose VyprVPN
- Servers: It has over 700 servers in all continents except Antarctica and allows you to choose from 200K+ IPs.
- Chameleon technology: It uses Chameleon VPN Protocols, engineered by VyprVPN, which helps in accessing Geo-restricted content.
- Multi-device support: It can be used in a maximum of 5 devices at a time and also supports various operating systems.
- High-speed connections: As it has a very large number of servers and IPs, this ensures very fast internet connectivity.
Surfshark was founded just 2 years ago (in 2018) and in a very short time span, it gained immense popularity. It is based in the British Virgin Islands and till now it has served more than 2.4 million users globally.
Reasons to choose Surfshark
- Servers: It has over 3200 servers, located in almost 65 countries.
- Clean web: It blocks ads, malware, and phishing attempts and provides you a clean surfing experience.
- Unlimited Devices: It is the only VPN in the list that can be used on an unlimited number of devices at a time. It is also supported by various operating systems.
- Strong encryption and protocols: It uses AES-256-GCM for encryption and IKEv2/IPsec protocols for securing you.
- NoBorders Mode: NoBorders Mode allows you to access even the banned content of other countries.
- No-log policy: They strongly follow this policy and that means that they do not monitor your activities. This helps in keeping your data secure.
It is one of the most popular VPN brands and was born in 2012. It is popular for bypassing any kind of firewall and almost 14 million users are currently associated with it.
Reasons to choose NordVPN
- Multiple device support: It can be used in a maximum of 6 devices simultaneously and works with different operating systems.
- Great server range: It has 5400+ servers in almost 59 countries in all continents except Antarctica.
- No-logs: It neither tracks any of your activities nor stores any of your data. This allows you to freely do what you want.
- Dedicated IP: It provides a dedicated IP to its users and it also helps in masking your IP.
- Entertainment: It is considered one of the best VPN for Netflix. It also blocks ads for you so that entertainment remains uninterrupted.
CyberGhost is based in Romania and was initially released in 2004. A provides a lot of strong features related to privacy. It works with a zero-logging policy and stores none of its user’s data.
Reasons to choose CyberGhost
- Server range: It allows you to choose you from almost 6800 servers worldwide.
- Multi-support: This device provides multiple usages. You can use it on a maximum of 7 devices at a time. It is also supported on various devices like android, iOS, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Strong encryption: It uses 256-bit military-grade encryption for encrypting and decrypting your data. It also uses several VPN protocols like OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard® protocols.
- .Unblocks Netflix: Surfshark works with Netflix along with other online streaming platforms.
Windscribe was launched in 2016 and is currently based in Toronto, Canada. It has a very great user base and it delivers many amazing features. It also helps you in accessing many OTT platforms.
Reasons to choose Windscribe VPN
- Servers: It has servers in over 110 cities in 63 countries.
- Strong encryption: It uses AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key for encrypting and decrypting messages.
- Ad-blocker: It automatically connects to the best location for you and also blocks ads, phishing threats, etc.
- Protected Wi-Fi: It provides you while using public Wi-Fi by turning your computer into a secure Wi-Fi mode.
This VPN has a very low brand value but has a very large range of servers. It is very easy to use and has some amazing features.
Reasons to choose PandaVPN
- Great server range: It has over 1000 servers in around 64 countries and 86 regions. You can choose any of these locations.
- ECC Encryption: It uses ECC encryption technology for encrypting your data so that nobody can access that.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: It can boost up your speed without having any bandwidth and traffic limit.
- Access online streaming: With the help of this, you can also access OTT platforms like Netflix, Hulu, etc.
It is one of the oldest VPN brands, serving since 2005 and in 2016, its operations were overtaken by Avast, which itself is a very big antivirus brand.
Reasons to choose HideMyAss VPN
- A large number of servers: It has almost 1100 servers worldwide and it helps you in choosing from 290 locations globally.
- Lightning-fast speed: With it, you can enjoy amazing lightning speed, and allows you to get a maximum speed of 20Gbps.
- Supported in multiple devices: It provides multi-device support and can be used on 5 devices at the same time. It also supports various operating systems, like Android, Windows, iOS, etc.
- No-log VPN: Like other VPNs, it also works with a no-log policy. That means that it also doesn’t store any of your data.
These are the major trustworthy brands where you can find VPNs better than the virtual network provided by platforms offering a $1 VPN service.