How To Turn Off VPN On iPhone In 2023?
If you are an iPhone user and looking to find a way to turn off VPN then you are at the right place. We all know that there are many advantages you get while using a VPN whether it is for security purposes or for accessing restricted content. But keeping it on all the time can create problems.
That’s why we are here to help you out in turning off the VPN from your iPhone device in 2023.
So, before we jump on the steps it’s important to know why you need to turn off the VPN. So, without talking much let’s move on…
4 Reasons Why You Need To Turn off VPN On iPhone In 2023
It’s never recommended to always run the VPN on all the time because of the following reasons.
- For Online Banking – While making online banking it becomes important as many local banks blocks different country IP addresses to prevent unauthorized connections.
- Connection Issue – While facing connection issues you should turn off VPN. Suppose for making a video call or for downloading a large file you should turn it off temporarily.
- Captcha Issue – Sometimes while using a VPN, you get a constant captcha. To get rid of this, you should turn off a VPN.
- Switch Between VPN Providers – Suppose if you are switching to a different VPN service provider or you want to connect with your home network.
How To Disable VPN on iPhone?
In this section, we are going to tell you how to turn VPN off on iPhone by following these steps. However, you must check if you are already connected with the VPN.
Method 1 – From VPN Application
This is one of the easiest and handy ways to off the VPN from any iPhone device.
- Open the VPN app on your iPhone device.
- Now, click on the disconnection button from your VPN app. Almost, all the system settings of VPNs are the same for disconnection. Some VPNs have a large power button and some have a simple button of ‘disconnect’.
Method 2 – From System Settings
You can turn VPN off on your iPhone manually from the setting of your phone.
- Open the iPhone settings of your phone.
- Scroll down and tap on General > VPN & Device Management.
- You can see the active VPN connection with a blue checkmark.
- Click on the i button in the circle.
- You will see a toggle button there which shows the text of ‘connect on-demand. Just slide the button to turn off the VPN. If you are doing this, it will help you to connect automatically VPN again.
- You are almost done, just click on the back window to get out of this. You need to toggle the status button this time to switch it off. This time if you want to turn on VPN, you have to do it manually.
If your VPN reconnect automatically after doing this, follow these steps to get rid of VPN from an iPhone.
Step 1– You just need to press the menu button which you got on the home screen showing three horizontal lines in the corner.
Step 2– For further process click on the option of “Settings.”
Step 3– Now in the tab of “VPN settings”, you will get an option of ‘auto-reconnect’. Check it once, if it shows disabled, means you turned off VPN.
Step 4– Now you will get a confirmation message on your mail to verify it once. You have to ensure it once so that it can turn your VPN off.
How To Permanently Turn Off VPN On iPhone
There are some times when your VPN gets connected automatically even after disabling it. So, you must turn it off from your iPhone permanently doing these things.
- The very first thing is you can uninstall the application of the VPN that you are using.
- The second method is you can do it manually by removing the VPN app from your device setting.
How To Delete Or Uninstall VPN On iPhone
These are the steps for uninstalling VPN on iPhone:-
- First head to the settings application.
- Now tap on General > VPN & Device Management.
- Now just choose a VPN if you are installed more than one VPN.
- Tap on the button which is next to the VPN name to permanently delete the VPN profile
- Just confirm it once by tapping delete again.
- Now check that your VPN is not connected on iPhone by searching for the VPN app. You can also see the VPN symbol in your iPhone.
- Congratulations! You have successfully uninstalled the Virtual Private Network from your iPhone permanently.
What Next After You Turn Off VPN?
Now the question arises what if you have removed the VPN from your iPhone, are you taking an online risk for your security & privacy?
In the absence of a secured VPN service, you can put yourself at the risk at different paces.
- A Virtual Private Network helps to convert your online data in an encryption form.
- You get advanced security from prying eyes while using public Wi-Fi with a VPN.
- Helps to do online banking without any fear of hackers as your data.
- Access to restricted content without being known to anyone.
- Also in the absence of a VPN service, your internet service provider can access your activities as well.
Why You Should Keep VPN Always On?
A VPN can provide you with a safe place while using public Wi-Fi. These public hotspots are mostly targeted by hackers to get the personal information of users.
- It will block all the annoying ads and popups that can lead you to download malware.
- It will provide the feature of bypassing censorship. This means that in some countries certain websites or services, but by using these services you can easily access them.
- A VPN will allow you to do private browsing. We can say being online is equivalent to standing in the street. Anyone can be watched, tracked, or hacked into your activities. In this case, if you are taking the help of a VPN, it will mask your IP address and encrypt your traffic.
5 Best VPN Providers For iPhone 2023
Till now you have understood that how to turn off VPN on iPhone. Even you also get an idea about how to disable, uninstall and remove VPN on iPhone. Now let’s discuss the top featured VPN service provider which will help to get protection from the hackers or prey’s eyes.
NordVPN For iPhone
NordVPN is one of the best VPN that provides fast service to its users with over 5200+ servers on the iPhone. The VPN is compatible with the iOS running 11.0 or later.
- Secure internet
- Strict no-logs policy
- P2P support
- Onion Over VPN
- Kill switch
You can download the Nord VPN free for iphone from the App Store.
Surfshark VPN For iPhone
Despite being one of the latest VPN in the market Surfshark is used by over 2.4 million users from 100+ countries. It can be used with the iPhone running on iOS 10.3.3 and up.
- Strict no-logs
- Kill switch
- Private DNS & leak protection
- Camouflage mode
One of the best things about this VPN is that you get a free 7-day free trial so that you can use all of its features.
IPVanish For iOS
With over 1900+ servers from 75 different locations, you can use IPVanish on iPhone. It has strong encryption and top security features and supports iOS 11 or higher.
- Zero lags
- Always-on VPN
- API load balancing
- WireGuard speed
It also provides various features like a no-log policy, DNS leaks protection, etc. to ensure security with many other advantages of VPN also.
Proton VPN For iPhone
This VPN is best suited to those users who want to stream Netflix or torrenting. Proton VPN is one of the well-reputed Swizz-based companies in the market. It provides concrete protection to its users to securely access geo-restricted content and to stream different platforms.
- Perfect forward secrecy
- No logs
- Tor over VPN
- Secure streaming
ProtonVPN is free to use on iOS devices that means you can use this VPN on iPhone and iPad. Proton VPN also provides strong protocols for advanced security and it suits best game lovers.
Cyberghost VPN For iPhone
Cyberghost VPN provides more than 7500+ servers from 91 countries. The VPN not only protects your iPhone but also protects all of your iOS & iPadOS devices. Also, you can use CyberGhost VPN for Netflix and for other streaming channels.
- Automatic Wi-Fi protection
- One-tap data encryption
- Battery saving WireGuard
- Easy to stream & unlimited bandwidth
- No data throttling
It is free to use which means you can download CyberGhost on your iPhone very easily.
Turn VPN Off On iPhone 2023– FAQs
Some top queries related to turn off VPN on iPhone are answered below:
Why has VPN Turned On My iPhone?
It happens because of the default settings of VPN. It is turned on your iPhone to provide safety from ISPs and public networks to you.
How Do I Disable VPN?
To turn off VPN on iPhone, You can select Settings>general >VPN and toggle your VPN on or off to disable it.
How Do I Turn Off Wifi And VPN On iPhone?
Open the settings>general>VPN, under the option of hotspot shield configuration, choose the option of off .you can now toggle the hotspot on or off as per your need.
How To Turn Off VPN On iPhone 8?
Some users have a specific query related to turning off VPN on iPhone 8, let’s discuss the best and easiest way to disable VPN from iPhone. These steps are almost similar if you are facing any issue on iPhone 11 also.