VMware Workstation For Windows 7 In 2023 – Features, System Requirements & Price
VMware Workstation is used to run different virtual machines on your host operating system. This also allows Windows 7 to be run as a guest operating system. So, in the next section, we will learn about features, pricing, and how to install and uninstall VMware Workstation for Windows 7.
However, VMware neither runs on all operating systems nor supports all guest operating systems, and it also has certain system requirements. But to make your work easier, you have provided all the advantages and disadvantages of VMware for your convenience. Furthermore, we have provided you with almost all the information necessary about the Windows 7 VMware workstation.
Features Of Windows 7 VMware Workstation 2023
VMware Workstation provides a lot of great features to run Windows 7 and other different virtual machines efficiently. All of the important features are discussed in detail below for your convenience.
Here are the features of VMware Workstation for Windows 7:
- Run different VMs- It allows you to run different kinds of virtual machines along with Windows 7. Moreover, you can run guest operating systems also.
- Test your software or code- VMware workstation allows you to test your code or software by making it run on different virtual machines for any device, platform, or cloud.
- Strong virtual networking- It provides additional network latency and bandwidth stimulations to help you run your VMs smoothly. It even allows you to create and configure complex IPv4 and IPv6 virtual networks for your virtual machines.
- High-speed 3D Graphics- VMware workstation supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.3 to run virtual machines efficiently. This increases your experience in running 3D applications.
- Run containers and Kubernetes clusters- VMware Workstation provides CLI tools and vctl on Windows that can easily build and run containers and Kubernetes clusters with virtual machine-level isolation and networking.
These are some of the main benefits of VMware virtualization software you will get for Windows 7.
How To Download VMware Workstation For Windows 7?
Below, we have mentioned some easy and simple steps. By following them, you can easily download VMware Workstation on your host operating system. After which, you will be easily able to run virtualization software for Linux and other operating systems.
The following are the steps to download them:
- You have to download VMware Workstation from their official website.
- On the home page, click on the “Download” section and then select the Workstation which is available for both Windows and Linux.
- Click on download now.
- Open the folder where it is downloaded, then either just double-click on it or right-click on it and click on “Run as administrator”.
- Then the license agreement appears, go through it. After that select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and then click on the “Next” button.
- Then select an option from Typical and Custom.
- To finish the installation, just follow some simple on-screen instructions.
- Once you are done, restart your host machine to run Windows 7 VMware Workstation.
List Of The Most Popular Guest OS That Works With VMware Workstation
Rather than Windows 7 working on VMware Workstations, there are a lot of other guest operating systems that work on it. The following are the guest operating systems supported by VMware Workstation for Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Oracle Linux
- Solaris, FreeBSD, and various other Linux Distro
System Requirements To Run Windows 7 On VMware Workstation
There are certain system requirements that should be met by the host operating system to run Windows 7 VMware Workstation.
The following are the system requirements that you should see before purchasing a workstation for virtualization to run this software:
- CPU Processor- The most important is a compatible 64-bit x86/AMD64 CPU that is launched in 2011 or later.
- Core Speed- 1.3GHz or faster core speed.
- Storage Requirement- 2 GB of RAM is the minimum. Otherwise, 4 GB or more is also recommended.
List Of Host OS That Can Run VMware Workstation For Windows 7
If you want to run Windows 7 VMware Workstation on your host operating system, then you must have the preferred one. As not all operating systems support it.
So, below is the list of host operating systems needed to run Windows 7:
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 8
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
So, if you want to run Windows 7 VMware Workstation, you must use one of these operating systems as your host.
Pricing Of VMware Workstation For Windows 7 In 2023
The basic price of a VMware workstation is $199. However, they offer more plans with additional support options.
Here are the following plans for VMware:
|Plans for Workstations||Pricing|
|VMware Workstation 17 Pro||$199|
Other that this pricing you can use of VMware Workstation discount code to get up to 40% discount.
Methods To Uninstall Vmware Workstation For Windows 7 Professional
However, if you don’t want your Windows 7 VMware workstation to take up more space on your system or you don’t want to use it, you can easily uninstall it. Just follow some of the following steps to uninstall it:
- Click start and then go to Control Panel.
- Then click on Programs and features.
- A list of installed software appears and from there select VMware Tools.
- Then click uninstall.
- When done, click Yes to restart Windows.
So, these easy and simple steps will help you uninstall the VMware workstation for Windows 7.
Does Windows 7 Work On VMware Workstation As A Guest OS?
Yes, Windows 7 works on VMware Workstation as a guest operating system with others. It is compatible with both VMware Workstation Pro and VMware Workstation Player.
What Version Of VMware Workstation Works On Windows 7?
VMware Workstation Pro 12 works on Windows 7. Here, it supports the VMware workstation as a host operating system.
Can I Install VMware Workstation For Windows 7 In 2023?
Yes, you can definitely install a VMware workstation to run Windows 7 as a guest operating system in your host OS.
Other Related Blogs & Deals: