Filmora Pros And Cons 2021 – Is It Safe To Use Filmora?
If you are new to the video editing industry then Filmora can be a good software to kick off a start. But, before sticking to this software, you must be aware of Filmora pros and cons 2021. Here we will discuss what are the major advantages and disadvantages of the Filmora video editing program. However, before proceeding toward these pros and cons of Filmora, let’s have a look at its background.
What Is Filmora?
Filmora by Wondershare is one of the most popular video editing programs. It was released almost two decades with an aim to provide affordable video editing programs to creates. Now, it is used by millions of users and many professionals recommend using it. This software is available in two versions that are Filmora X and Filmora Pro.
By discussing Filmora Pros and Cons in the next section, we will be able to know Is Filmora worth buying or not?
Top Pros And Cons Of Using Filmora Video Editor In 2021
Like any other software, Filmora too has both positive and negative aspects. The major benefits and limitations of using this software are as follows:
- Has a simple-looking interface
- Easy To Use
- Great Basic And Intermediate Features
- Reasonable Lifetime Price
- Faster Rendering Of Videos
- Amazing Video Output
- Supports Screen Recording
- Support A Plethora Of File Formats
- Comes With A Good User Support
- Lacks Advanced Features
- Free Version Contains Watermarks
- Works Only On Windows And Mac
- Monthly And Yearly Plan Are Expensive
- Frequent Lagging
- 4K Editing Sucks
These are the major pros and cons of Filmora video editors. Below we have elaborated on them to know about them in detail.
Advantages Of Filmora
- Intuitive Interface: The interface of both the version of Filmora is quite attractive and user friendly. You can also customize it according to your needs.
- Easy To Use: It is very easy to start working with Wondershare Filmora. You can also edit video projects by just dragging and dropping various elements into the workplace.
- Great Features: Filmora offers a great set of features to its users. You can use them to work on simple and intermediate-level projects.
- Affordable Lifetime License: Compared to its rival, the lifetime license of Filmora is quite affordable. You just need to pay a one-time cost of $89.99 to use this software for the rest of your life.
- Great Final Video Results: Like any other good video editing software, Filmora also provided us great video editing results. Besides, it also let us have a preview of our video before exporting them.
- Faster Renders And Previews: In our personal test, we found Filmora very fast. It was also very quick in showing previews of our projects.
- Supports Screen Capturing: Apart from video editing, Filmora can also be used to capture screens. The recorded videos were also of great quality. This makes it one of the major Camtasia alternatives.
- Support Wide Range Of File Formats: There are a large number of files that are compatible with this video editing program. The major formats out of them are MP4, WMV, AVI, F4V, MKV, MPEG-2, WEBM, GIF, MP3, etc.
- User Support Is Good: Filmora offers good support to its users. You can mail them anytime 24/7 and get quick replies. To solve minor issues, you can look for its well-written blogs and tutorials. If you are facing major issues then you can also get assistance by phone.
These are the major pros of using Wondershare Filmora. In the further part, we have explained the areas where this software lacks.
Disadvantages Of Filmora
- Lacks Advanced Features: There are lots of advanced features that you may find missing with Filmora. So, if you are working at a professional level then it is better to look for a Filmora alternative.
- Free Version Has Watermark: The free version of Filmora contains a watermark. This can create a bad impact on the users.
- Not Available For Linux And Phones: This is one of the biggest limitation of Wondershare Filmora that you can use it only on Windows and Mac devices. If you are a Linux user then you may look for any other video editing software.
- Pricing Is Expensive: The price of the monthly and yearly plans of Filmora is quite high. However, to get some price exemption, you can apply the Wondershare coupon code.
- Software Lagging: We analyzed the reviews of various users and also personally felt that sometimes Filmora lags a lot. However, this mostly happens if you use it on a low-end PC.
- 4K Editing Sucks: Filmora boasts its users to providing 4K editing mode. However, this mode is not that great and you can also face slow rendering while working in this mode.
These are the major disadvantages that you may face with the Wondershare Filmora.
Conclusion: Is Filmora Worth Buying?
Filmora is a useful tool and comes with lots of features. This software also performs brilliantly when it comes to basic video editing. However, you may find difficulties in doing advanced editing with it. So, Filmora is worth buying Filmora if you are a beginner or an intermediate. However, for professional usage, you should look for an advanced video editor.