How To Change Netflix Region Without VPN? A Complete Guide
We live in an era where everything converted into the digital mode, especially after the covid 19 pandemic. From a user perspective, it become very important that how to unblock Netflix without VPN. The world starts consuming Netflix shows rapidly these days, the demand curve of Netflix users is always going upward. We also know about the Netflix VPN ban in some countries or they put some geo-restrictions.
To unblock this geo-restriction or to change the Netflix region, most a user uses VPN services. In case if a user doesn’t have access to Netflix, and wants to know how to change Netflix region without a VPN. we have different options available for them also.
VPN vs DNS Proxy- Which One Is Better?
In the absence of a VPN service, a user can use a DNS proxy. It is one of the good and best alternatives available to change Netflix region without VPN. If we are comparing both VPN and proxy, we found VPN is quite better than using a proxy. Here we are talking about how to change country on Netflix account without VPN. Proxy is also one of the best options available except VPN to change the Netflix region.
Related Reads- Difference Between Proxy or VPN
Steps For How To Change Country On Netflix Account Without VPN
Here we are mentioning some easy steps for beginners to pro-level. This will help how to change Netflix region without VPN:-
- Initially contact your ISP( internet service provider) to get a working DNS server address.
- After this, visit the “Network Settings” section on your device.
- Where you get an option of “Custom and Manual”, click on it.
- Enter your DNS server addresses there.
- Restart your network connection, To activate the DNS settings on your device.
- Now, this is the last step, Open Netflix on your device. Now You can access the Netflix library in your selected region.
Till now you have an idea that How to change Netflix region without VPN or how to unblock Netflix without VPN. We want to say to a user that, changing your standard DNS server to a smart DNS one is the best solution. In this case, The user has to take a subscription. The special DNS works like, its servers sit waiting for any connection to a geo-restricted website. We can say till the time it routes through the appropriate country.
The Ultimate Solution For How To Change Country On Netflix Account?
Still, if you are confused that how to change the Netflix region without a VPN or how to unblock Netflix without VPN. Many users want to watch restricted content that is not available in their own county. In this case, you can use a proxy service which is a good substitute for VPN.
Here are some things which we keep in mind before using a proxy that, a proxy service doesn’t encrypt data so in terms of security it’s not as good as VPNs are. If your major concern is security then we suggest you go for a good VPN.
We are going to mention some good free VPN for Netflix below, basically how to change Netflix region with VPN. It will definitely assist you to enhance your knowledge:-
Free VPN For Netflix Streaming 2023
As we know Netflix is available in more than 190 countries worldwide. Each country has its own list or catalog of original and licensed tv shows and movies. In the presence of a VPN, The process becomes easy. It will hide your present region or location and allow you to watch tv shows and movies globally.
If you are a user and know that the importance of VPN already, It is good for you. For a user, it is Icing on the cake as you get free VPN services to change country on Netflix account.
These free VPN for Netflix work amazingly and provide solutions for how to change your Netflix region without any cost.
1) CyberGhost VPN- Super Active Speed For Streaming
- Fast Speed With Stable Connections
- Provide Strong Encryption
- High-Speed Server For Netflix
- No DNS Leaks
- Few Payment Methods
- Customer Support Is Limited.
It is one of the best VPN recommended to change the Netflix region. The servers they provide are optimized Netflix servers. Even The servers of CyberGhost VPN are located in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Australia, and France.
The speed is appreciable to unblock the Netflix library. You can try its free trial to watch without any restrictions. It provides 7490+ servers with unlimited server switches.
CyberGhost interface is also user-friendly with world-class speed. They also provide their own ad blocker to unlock movies in windows and android.
You can try its free trial for getting their amazing features which last 24 hours. Even you can take its paid version for a better experience.
Steps For How To Use Cyberghost VPN With Netflix
- The first and basic step is to download the CyberGhost VPN.
- After downloading, sign up for a subscription, you can try a free trial as well.
- Further, just connect to one of the Netflix-optimised servers. As CyberGhost provide many serves to change Netflix region.
- Take some popcorns to watch your favourite show on Netflix, from any region.
2) Surfshark VPN- Fast Netflix Streaming Without Buffering
- Provide Safe And Private Connection
- Fast Speed With Strong Encryption
- Unblock Netflix
- Multiple Servers
- Customer Support Is Not As Good
Surfshark is one of the best VPN for streaming Netflix. After intensive research, we conclude it unblock 11 Netflix libraries without buffering.
This includes a firestick app to watch restricted content on your TV. You can try its seven days free trial to see its amazing features.
It not only provides you access to watching US content, but also you can watch anything according to your server. In simple words, if you are not connected to any of the servers available, it will directly connect you to US content.
Steps For How To Use Surfshark VPN With Netflix
- Download the Surfshark VPN, create an account.
- You can try a seven-day free trial from there or take a subscription for a better experience.
- Choose the region for watching your favourite content.
- Connect to a VPN server of the location you want to watch.
- Use the “location tab” to choose the location.
- After connecting once, open the Netflix app to watch your favourite content.
If you take one subscription, it is enough to unblock content like movies. One interesting thing is if you connect to a server that does not provide support to streaming. It will redirect to the US Netflix library without any permission.
3) ProtonVPN – Unlimited Data Transfer
- No DNS Leaks
- Strong No Logs Policy
- Streaming Netflix And BBC iPlayer
- Provide Support To P2P And Browser
- Strong Encryption
- Only Email Support
- Servers Are Limited
Proton VPN is also trending these days as it provides unlimited data transfer without restriction. You can connect to the servers of japan, the US, and the Netherland for unblocking the Netflix region.
You can stream as much you want due to unlimited data transfers. Speed is creating a little bit of issue while unblocking Netflix, but overall it’s good.
Proton VPN gives you the authority to watch any content, no matter where you are. You can still watch your favorite content as per your choice.
Along with this, it enables streaming amazon prime videos, HBO Max, and disney+.
Steps For How To Use ProtonVPN VPN With Netflix
- Install the application of proton VPN
- Take a subscription plan for a better experience.
- Create your account, if you don’t have it.
- Choose a server according to the content you want to watch.
- Select and start watching your favourite shows, without any restrictions.
4) Windscribe – Fast And Speedy
- Provide Free VPN To Use
- Operatable In Many Devices
- Unblock Netflix By “Wind Fix”
- Torrenting Allowed
- Strong Privacy And Encryption
- Fewer Features In The Free Version
- Make Use Of “Bots” For Support
- Sometimes Internet Connection Gets Slow
Windscribe is one of the best free VPN services to change the Netflix region. They offer you servers in over 60+ countries with high speed. Besides this, Windscribe also provides 256-bit encryption, DNS leaks protection with 30 days money-back guarantee.
Here we are discussing how Windscribe is one of the best free VPN to streaming Netflix online. It works with different servers(labeled “Windflix”), providing a smooth path for users. Due to this, users securely access Netflix US, UK, Canada, and japan anywhere.
Steps For How To Use Windscribe With Netflix
- Initially, you have to create an account for Windscribe. In case you have it already, don’t need to create it again.
- After creating an account, download the VPN app, while doing make sure to install it on any device you stream regularly.
- Now you have to connect it to a VPN server of your home country. If you do this, will allow you to access your regular Netflix library, even if you are travelling.
- Now you can access a whole range of new content. In case you are facing any issues, clear your cookies and try it again.
- If the issue is still occurring, contact customer support.
5) Opera-Does Opera Vpn Really Work With Netflix?
- Free To Use
- Unblock US Netflix
- Provide Strong Encryption
- User-Friendly Interface
- A Small Circle Of Server Network
- No-Kill Switch Feature In Free Version
- No Protocols To Use Feely
Opera is one of the best free VPN service providers for Netflix streaming. It comes with a lot of features such as seamless integration, with social media app-like WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, etc. If you’re confused and don’t know if Opera VPN works with Netflix, we’re here to help you. Opera unblock Netflix from so many different countries. In the opera service, the streaming service is not able to detect and block VPN traffic.
In the presence of all of this quality, we can say opera is one of the best free VPN for Netflix
Steps For How To Use Opera VPN With Netflix:-
- Initially, you have to download Opera VPN and install it on your device.
- First download then go to the settings tab and search for VPN
- After reaching there, Activate the “enable VPN” feature.
- After that click on the VPN label in the address bar.
- Now you have to Set a Virtual location as per your convenience.
- You completed all the steps, now you can watch Netflix.
6) Zenmate- How To Watch Netflix Abroad Using Zenmate
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- Free VPN To Use
- High-Speed Server For Netflix
- Torrenting Allowed
- Privacy And Logging Policy Are Not As Secure
- Customer Support Is Not Up To The Mark.
Zenmate is one of the good VPN for Netflix streaming in the US. It has 3500+servers in more than 74 countries. In terms of speed, ZenMate is fast enough to deal with any buffering or lag. In addition to this, it has no restriction on simultaneous connections. This is beneficial for those who want to share it with their family and friends. Except all of this, it provides 256-bit encryption, kills switch, DNS leak protection.
Steps To How To Watch Netflix With Zenmate:
- The first step is to sign up and make your account on Zenmate.
- After signing up download and install the app.
- Now you can log in to the VPN app to connect with a server of a different country.
- Now the last step is to login to a Netflix account to access the US library.
- If you’re facing any kind of issue after doing this, once clear cookies.
Check Out – Why Paid VPN is always better than Free VPN
Best VPNs To Watch Netflix With Risk-Free Streaming
Check out these top-rated VPN service providers that are providing the best streaming services including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and many other OTT platforms. These are paid versions that are highly recommended to unlock your favorite shows and movie on Netflix without compromising with speed.
Advanced Split Tunneling
Reliable Automation Rules
Built-In Ad Blocking
How Does Smart DNS Proxy Work?
The process of working smart DNS proxy is very simple. It just changes the DNS of your device while accessing geo-blocked content from various websites such as Netflix. It re-routes your data through a dedicated proxy server, in most cases. Basically, those are located in the home country where the website you are trying to access is based.
You can see your favorite content in your home on the biggest screen without any issue. You don’t need to switch on your laptop, streaming box, any kind of stick, phone, or tablet. Taking use of Smart DNS proxy is one of the best solutions for how to change Netflix region without VPN on TV.
You can watch everything on smart TV easily. When it comes to watching geo-blocked content you will have to navigate the regional blockades.
At the time of signing up for smart DNS, you have to provide your IP address. If you don’t provide it, they automatically track your IP to maintain a smooth connection. Now we are going to discuss how to use a smart DNS service on your smart TV.
Steps To Register Your IP Address With Smart DNS
There are a lot of providers in the market, so you can find a slight change to access DNS. with the help of smart DNS, you can get the answer of how to change Netflix region without VPN. The steps are almost the same for How to change Netflix region without VPN on TV.
- First, you will find in the new address option that Navigates to your IP registration or Register my IP address or Validate my IP address.
- Check it once, if it displays ‘Registered’ or ‘Validated’, then everything’s good to go. In case it is not showing this, you have to input your current IP address or give permission to the service software. Through this, they can access your software.
- Many providers provide you an option of the ‘Automatically registers my IP address’ setting. If you have access to this, your provider has authority to automatically track your IP address and update any changes.
- You also get an option to update or change your IP address using the service’s app.
- Now you are almost done, Your Smart DNS service will provide you new DNS locations. If you use that, you can access the blocked regions according to your need.
If you want to switch on DNS settings first make sure that, you should give a look at your existing server. These days a lot of smart TVs have the option of ‘automatic’ which means that they will locate your IP address to you. If this is present on your TV, then there’s no need to worry about it.
How To Change Netflix Region Without VPN On Tv Or Smart TV?
These days using Smart TV is too common or the simplest method to stream online services. The very general query we found this day, users are confused that how to change the Netflix region without a VPN. In other words, we can say how to unblock Netflix without VPN. In this situation, a user can opt for DNS proxy services to watch their favorite tv shows and movies.
Must Step For “ How To Change Netflix Region Without VPN on TV”
We did all of the steps above for How to change Netflix region without VPN. We just want to access content on smart TV internationally. While switching to DNS, make sure to change your TV’s region settings. If you want to see your favorite channels, switch to the UK, US, or any other your favorite location as per your convenience.
What Is The Netflix VPN Ban?
Till now you have a basic idea of how to change Netflix region without VPN. Netflix has a great range of content that varies from country to country. If you are a user and you want to access content from another region, you have to bypass Netflix VPN or the geo-restriction barrier.
Netflix library varies from region to region with the setting of content according to location. If users try to access the content available on Netflix libraries of other countries, they have to bypass the geo-restriction barrier. Netflix wants its users to stick to the content available in their region.
The anti-VPN software of Netflix is too advanced to identify your VPN server this process is known as the Netflix VPN ban. In most cases, they fail to recognize that you are using a VPN.
How To Change Netflix Region On iPhone?
If you want to access the Netflix library on your iPhone to watch your favorite content. Here are some instructions to change the Netflix region on iPhone.
- Take a subscription to any one of the VPN as per your choice. ( Our recommendation is IPVanish)
- Open your app store on your iPhone and download the VPN app.
- Now just login to the app by filling in the credentials.
- Choose a server with whom you want to connect, for example for watching US content use a US server.
- Just open the Netflix app to access the library of your favorite content.
If the VPN not connected on iPhone properly then you can’t be able to change Netflix region.
How To Change The Netflix Region On Android
If you want to access the Netflix library of different countries on your android, it is easy. Here, we mentioned some steps for how you can change the Netflix region on Android:
- First, do a sign up with the VPN provider, you chose( our recommendation is Surfshark VPN)
- On your android device, download the app of VPN you choose.
- After installation, just log in to your account by filling in credentials.
- Select a server as per your conveniences like US or UK.
- Open the Netflix app to watch your favourite content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Illegal To Change Netflix Country?
Some users have a query that if Netflix finds you while using VPN then they would block you. Don’t panic it is not an illegal thing to use, just make use of the right VPN services, it will definitely help you to change your Netflix country. The Netflix content is legally licensed for distribution in certain countries.
How Can I Change Netflix Region Or Country?
The first step is this, you have to sign up or make your account on Netflix.
Download or install a VPN as per your choice, we mentioned some free VPN above already.
Now, connect the VPN to the server of that country, whose content you want to watch.
You are almost done, just log in to your Netflix account. You are able to watch All the content from the region to which your VPN is connected.
How to fix the issue while watching Netflix?
1. Restart the VPN application and the connection you are using.
2. Clear the cache of your browser.
3. You can also try a different browser.
4. Restart your device once.
5. Clear the DNS cache of your device.