Corel PaintShop Pro Vs Ultimate 2021 | Find Out Which PaintShop Version Is Best For You?
Corel is an Ottawa-based global tech giant and is primarily famous for its vector designing software CorelDRAW. Apart from this, it also offers various kinds of art and creativity software, and the most popular software out of them is the Corel Paintshop.
It is a professional photo editing software that lets you take your editing skills to the next level. However, this software is available in two different versions and most of the users remain confused about what version of Corel Paintshop should they buy.
Here, we will be doing a detailed Corel Paintshop Pro Vs Ultimate 2021 comparison to find what is the difference between Paintshop Pro and Ultimate. We will also guide you towards the version of Corel Paintshop Pro that is best suited for you.
What Are The Version Of Paintshop Pro?
Paintshop Pro is a full-fledged photo editing software that also comes with some advanced tools. It is considered as one of the prior alternatives to Adobe Photoshop. At present, this software is available in two versions named Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 and Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 Ultimate.
The standard or Pro version is dedicated to photo editing and provides tools needed for the same. Whereas the Ultimate version supports advanced photo editing and comes with HDR and Seo-to-Sky mode. In the further section, we have mentioned what is the difference between PaintShop Pro and PaintShop Pro Ultimate in detail.
Overview To Comparison Between PaintShop Pro and Ultimate Comparison
Price Of Corel PaintShop Pro and Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 Ultimate
Before heading towards the features of Corel PaintShop Pro vs Ultimate, let us know about the prices that you will have to pay for using them:
How Much Is PaintShop Pro?
This software is available as a one-time purchase and the cost of buying this software is $79.99. If you are owning an older version of this software then you can upgrade that version to the latest Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 by spending $59.99. With the help of our latest Corel Coupon Code, you can get some price cuts on this software.
What Is The Corel PaintShop Ultimate Price?
The Corel PaintShop Ultimate version is an add-on of the Pro version, that’s why it is priced higher. It also doesn’t provide any subscription-based plan and you have to purchase its lifetime license. The price of its lifetime license is as follow:
- $99.99 for purchasing the lifetime license
- For upgrading the former version to the latest Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 Ultimate, you have to spend $79.99
- $20.00 for upgrading Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 to Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 Ultimate
To buy PaintShop Pro at a discounted price, you can use our latest Corel PaintShop Ultimate Coupon. Now let’s see what features will you get with these photo editing programs.
35% Off Corel Paintshop Pro 2022 Ultimate Coupon Code + Extra 10% Corel PaintShop Pro DiscountBest value
Features Offered By Corel PaintShop Pro Vs Ultimate
Before choosing any of these software programs, it is suggested to know what is the difference between PaintShop Pro and Ultimate along with their similarities. So, let’s see one by one the features offered by PaintShop Pro vs Ultimate.
PaintShop Pro Vs PaintShop Ultimate: Features Of PaintShop Pro 2022
There are tons of photo editing features that are linked to the use of the Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 by using which you can quickly edit images. The major features out of them are:
- Easy To Use: PaintShop Pro comes with a well-sorted attractive-looking interface and all the major tools easily accessible. It also supports the use of short cuts keys that can let you quickly edit photos. It also provides multiple workspaces including Photography, Essential, and Complete that you can use according to your needs.
- Comes With Plethora Of Resources: This software also comes with numerous preset templates by using which you can easily create collages, greeting cards, brochures, banners, etc.
- Multiple Photo Adjustments Filters: Corel PaintShop provides multiple filters to enhance images. The various image filters that you can adjust using are brightness, contrast, clarity, fade correction, white balance, hue and saturation, sharpening, color correction, tonal levels, etc.
- Various Selection Tools: PaintShop Pro 2022 also provides various kinds of selection tools like auto selection, freehand selection, magic wand, smart selection. With the help of them, you can select any specific area of an image and can either crop, isolate, or distort that selection part.
- Work In Layers: Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 also lets you add and work on multiple layers. You can control all these layers through the provided layer palette. Using this feature can help you in editing images without affecting the original image.
- Advanced Drawing And Painting: PaintShop Pro also works with AI that reduces the risk of errors and lets you perfectly draw various objects or shapes. It also provides multiple painting brushes that you can use for coloring. Apart from this, you can also be allowed to import the external brush styles or brushes of Adobe Photoshop.
PaintShop Pro Vs Ultimate: Features Of PaintShop Pro 2022 Ultimate
As we have mentioned above, Corel PaintShop Ultimate is an add-on version of the Corel PaintShop Pro 2022. Due to this, it includes the features of PaintShop Pro that we have mentioned above. The additional features that you can get with Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 Ultimate are:
Includes Sea-To-Sky Workspace
The former version of PaintShop includes three workspaces including Photography, Essential, and Complete. Whereas this version includes an additional workspace named Sea-to-Sky.
It is an easy-to-use workspace, comes with a custom toolset, and works with AI. This workspace is best for enhancing the drone images and images taken underwater.
Integration With Various Apps/Programs
The biggest benefits of using the Corel PhotoShop Pro 2022 Ultimate is that it supports integration with various applications including:
- AI HDR Studio: It is an amazing plugin for Corel PaintShop Ultimate and Corel Graphic Suite. By using it, you can provide an HDR look to photos/images in just a few clicks.
- PhotoMirage Express: PhotoMirage in a photo animation software of Corel. You can create mesmerizing animations out of photos with the help of this software.
- Corel Painter Essentials 7: This is an easy-to-use paint program of Corel. By using it, you can create amazing-looking paintings with ease.
- Corel AfterShot 3: This is a file managing software of the Corel Corporation. By using it, you can adjust and manage large photo collections and RAW files.
Access To Corel Creative Collection
This photo editing software also provides you access to the Corel Creative Collection. This collection includes tons of customized brush styles and various kinds of textures. Apart from this, it also includes a royal-free background that you can use in your project for providing a professional look to your edited images.
So, these are the advanced features that you can get if you opt for the Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 Ultimate between PaintShop Pro vs PaintShop Pro Ultimate.
Corel PaintShop Pro Vs Ultimate: Final Verdict
Through this comparison between Paint Shop Pro vs Ultimate, we analyzed the various features of these two software programs. If you are working at a professional level or want more resources then choosing Corel PaintShop Pro 2022 Ultimate is worth it for you.
However, if you are a beginner or working at an intermediate level then Corel PaintShop Ultimate can fulfill most of your requirements.
Q. Does PaintShop Pro work on Mac?
No, both PaintShop Pro and PaintShop Ultimate are not available for Mac.
Q. What are the System requirements for using Corel Ultimate and Pro?
For using both the version of Corel PaintShop, your system needs to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of Windows 7 operating system along with at least Intel i5 processor
- 4 GB of RAM and 3 GB of Disk Space
- An active Internet connection
Q. What brush formats are supported with PaintShop Pro?
The various brush formats supported with PaintShop are .pspbrush, .abr, and .jbr.
Also, Read 5 Best Corel Painter Alternatives